This statement summarizes our our commitment to data privacy, and our response to the GDPR regulations that came into force in the UK on May 25th 2018.
- We have appointed Andrew Davies as Data Protection Officer. The church secretary will act as deputy when required.
- You may contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
- They report to the deacons/trustees and work with the various ministry leaders to ensure the privacy statement and policy are implemented.
- If church members would like to be emailed copies of the full Data Protection Policy or the GDPR Action Plan please let us know.
The following privacy statement was presented to the church meeting in April 2018, and approved by deacons/trustees on 2 May 2018 and reviewed and re-approved in September 2019.
Sutton in the Elms Baptist Church is committed to protecting all information that we handle about people we support and work with, and to respecting people’s rights around how their information is handled. This privacy statement is an abbreviated version of our longer policy, available on request.
We value the personal information entrusted to us and we respect that trust, by complying with all relevant laws, and adopting good practice.
This includes, for each ministry at the church, establishing, operating and monitoring processes for:
- Gaining consent for storing and using personal data.
- Establishing that the data collected is necessary and appropriate.
- Secure storage of records
- Checking the accuracy of data held
- Retention periods and destruction of records.
- Allowing you to request personal data about you or your children is removed and destroyed.